Saturday, July 18, 2009

Penny Black/Card Patterns/Cuttlebug Spot Challenge...........its a 3 in 1!!






I really wanted to attempt to do one card that fulfilled the requirements of at least 2 challenges that I found on the Daily Dare bog. I've seen people do cards that meet the requirements of 5 or more challenges......and I'm amazed that they can do it! I was actually able to do this card and fulfill the requirements of 3 challenges! YEAH ME! I love the aqua mist paper from PTI. Just patiently waiting for them to get the new ink that matches the cardstock. The image is a PIF image from Penny Black and its for the Penny Black Challenge Soft and Sweet. I colored it with watercolor pencils and used my Dove Blender Pen to blend the pencil. I used the sketch challenge from the Card Patterns blog. I actually "finished" the inside of the card with DP and some sewing for the Cuttlebug Spot Challenge although my embossing was the Swiss Dot folder I used on the main part of the card.I left the inside blank so that it could more versatile...........as in "Wishing you Good Luck" or "Wishing you a Happy Birthday" etc..... I'm really pleased with how the card turned out.

16 comments:

Scrapacat said...

Oh wow! This is gorgeous! I love the color combos and stitching. All the little details (including the finishing inside) really make this card pop!
~ky

Unknown said...

So cute! I love the little wavy line of patterned paper.

Romy said...

This is so cute. I love your card!

tracie said...

Hi Chrissie and welcome to PBSC, oh your card is gorgeous, love the soft Aqua's and adorable image.#
Thanks for join in the fun this week at PBSC
hugs
Tracie :)x

tracie said...

Hi Chrissie and welcome to PBSC, oh your card is gorgeous, love the soft Aqua's and adorable image.#
Thanks for join in the fun this week at PBSC
hugs
Tracie :)x

tracie said...

Hi Chrissie and welcome to PBSC, oh your card is gorgeous, love the soft Aqua's and adorable image.#
Thanks for join in the fun this week at PBSC
hugs
Tracie :)x

Kath Stewart said...

Hi Chrissy and welcome to PBSC..we are so glad you decided to join in the fun....love the soft colours and that oh sweet little mouse...hope to see you often...Hugs Kath xxxxx

Viipula said...

Oh, so awsom card. i love the colours and image! So pretty!

Sunshine said...

Everything everyone said is so true. This card is just lovely!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! The image is spectacular!! I love the clouds and your colouring is amazing... fabulous card!!

Allison said...

so sweet, lovely colours
AllisonX

~amy~ said...

such a darling card!!!

whoistracy said...

This is just adorable Chrissy!! I love the colors and the embossing. Glad you could play along with us again.

Linnie said...

I love this card so clean and fresh looking very stylish i love your stitching brilliant work
linniex

Tasha said...

Oh this is sooo cute, love the colour, Hugs, Tash xxx

Anna said...

Oh, so pretty! Love the colors! And that swirl at the bottom!